Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First: tried a forum topic search = no results.

I have a 2000 Esteem 1.8 Wagon with worn-out hatch lift assist struts.
In the US these gas-filled struts are made by Monroe but no part listings found on any big box site.

DOES anyone have a parts source for these rear hatch lift "struts"?
Are there any cross matched rear gas lifts from other US models (mfgs.) that will work?

Suzuki is no longer being sold in SW USA area, means fewer parts.
Hopefully a forum member can help my search?

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
if it was here i'd just drive down to the local strut shop and they would have something on the shelf that would fit. All you need is length, diameter and end types (ball, clip or threaded) to determine what you need.

have you tried a place like this?

https://www.suspa.com/us/products/gas-springs/

try searching for gas strut agents in your area, you may find its easier and a lot cheaper to get something from a place like this.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Look a bit out of the ordinary really. Found them listed in the USA for $110 each, sod that. Copies in the UK available at £18 each but I expect postage would rule these out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Found One!
Bought a new NOS RT side gas lift on Ebay.
Seems like finding nos leftovers is the only alternative for now.
The pre-2003 wagon & sedans were pretty decent, affordable vehicles.
Too bad Suzuki didn't support the Esteem better.

p.s. Dealer wants $135. for a new strut.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I purchased a pair on Amazon Dec. 24, 2018

Picture is not correct in the listing. Fit was poor, was able to get only one screw in on the mounting flange. I mounted one side only, the side that had failed, it was too cold to mess with the other side. Lifetime warranty. Fitment may be inaccurate as it was again too cold to spend time on it.

Delivered Dec 29, 2018
Track package
2 Pieces (SET) Tuff Support Rear Liftgate Lift Supports 1995 To 2002 Suzuki Esteem / 1996 To 2002 Suzuki Baleno
Sold by: Parts Avenue
$32.99

1 - 5 of 5 Posts