Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am a new owner of a 2000 Suzuki Carry DB52T with 7000 kms on it, and i am finding a few issues.

1. Shifting the transfer case into 4wd does not engage the axle lock but the transfer case is driving the front driveshaft.
2. there is no 4wd light on dash when in 4wd
3. It looks like an electrical actuator on the front diff not vacuum like a lot of posts are talking about
4. it might not be relevant but there is a switch below the shifter i do not know what it is for. it toggles side to side but release to center. i will attach an image of this.

Thanks for now.
I will post another thread regarding a couple other interesting issues with this build.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem #1 Solved

Hi there,
For anyone interested the accessories in the cab were a remote wireless winch kit but i did not get the remote or winch so i removed it. ( I have a Warn 4500 with remote kit on order)
The 4x4 actuator is an electric actuator which was seized from sitting to long.
(7000kms on a 2000 model go figure)
I removed the actuator on the front diff (3 bolts and the plug) , took the actuator apart and cleaned , regreased with di-electric, and manually spun the electric motor by hand with wd40 until it loosened up.
then bench tested with 12 volts.
re-assemled, installed and walla!.
4x4 engaging perfesctly and the indicator lamp on dash lights up.
I will make a note to anyone else attempting this. Make sure you install the actuator fully engaged or fully disengaged and the diff is in the same position fully engaged or fully disengaged or else the gear will want to run past the position that it can go or it will not be fully engaged or disengaged on the other end of the rotation.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Thanks for the update, I'm sorry nobody helped (me included) as the seems to be so many variations on the Carry and so little literature available I never seem to know quite what were dealing with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts