Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought our Prussian Blue Ltd. model June last year so have just over a year and 20,000 miles up and thought I'd let you know how it has been.

The NZ Ltd. model is the front wheel drive CVT auto with everything. The 4WD is called the Sport here. Top spec with 8 speaker Rockford Fosgate sound system including Sub-woofer, heated leather electric seats, two way sunroof, 235 x 18" Yokohama's, etc. The only extra I fitted was a tow bar as we occasionally tow a small trailer. It also helps protect the car from parking incidents as people fail to realise how close they are getting and nudge it...

Apart from regular servicing the only issue I have had was a computer upgrade to solve an occasional starting problem where the car would crank a few seconds longer to start and sounded like it was flooded. Problem solved and no other issues to date.

The CVT took a bit of getting used to, but now I wouldn't have anything else! It is so smooth and intuitive the paddle shifters are really redundant but for playing with and having fun with. The torque is very good for road use with overtaking easy peasy, this is a very fast car in the right hands and I have no doubt it would match its advertised top speed. 90mph cruising would be easy and relaxed, however the speed limit here is 100km/h, (62mph). I use cruise control to avoid getting a ticket...

Outstanding features are the handling and the economy! I took six weeks and hours of research to choose the Kizashi and I have been only proved right in my decision! Nothing else handles like it as all the other cars I tested lost their damping control on rural roads where bumps and corners meant you had to slow down or get car-sick passengers as they wallowed around. With teh Kizashi, while it was smooth on the freeways it remains controlled on secondary roads no matter the load or speed. I would say the ride is more sporty than luxury but the trade off is that it never becomes uncomfortable and remains secure and confidence inspiring everywhere you go.

Economy I can only describe as outstanding! Easily attainable is 6.9l/100km on a trip and under 9 around town which in the US would be 30+mpgUS open road and 20+mpgUS around town! I always drive with the air-con on and keep up to speed. That equates to a tank range of 900km, (550miles!), on a trip and with economy driving I reckon I could squeeze 1,000km out of it!

At 20,000 miles the tyres are not yet half worn and I expect at least 35,000 from them. They are Yokohama 235 x 18's and are the dB decibel E70's. Grip is amazing and I can't believe the wear, though they are a bit noisier on our coarse chip seal, quiet on the freeway with smooth seal.

Nothing has gone wrong, nothing has fallen off or started rattling and the only criticism I have is that the side mirrors are not electrically foldable. The car is tight and drives as new. I like the remote key fob access and push button start. Very convenient.

Ours is the only Prussian Blue Kizashi in NZ as this colour is not available except to special order, so it is unique and gains envious comment everywhere! We look forward to many years of enjoyable ownership!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice colour Ed. (I am envious). You are obviously clocking up the miles, at a great rate, in kiwi-land. Continue to fly the flag. A Great car. Most under rated!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice colour Ed. (I am envious). You are obviously clocking up the miles, at a great rate, in kiwi-land. Continue to fly the flag. A Great car. Most under rated!
Thanks. I can't think of any other car within spitting distance of its price that could match it, maybe the VW Passat? But nothing handles like the Kizashi. We have a Mazda Miata and the Kizashi is amazingly similar to handle! If you want soft riding you will find a lot that are but they won't keep their ride once off the Freeways and get too floaty in the back.

Next on our shopping list is the new Swift Sport for the wife...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts