Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 86 Sammy with stock carb that has not been running for a few years. Guy said it was making a noise and he knew it was a bad or missing $20 brass bushing. Any idea what bushing he was talking about?

Also when I take the fuel line off at the carb and crank it over, gas comes out but when I put the line back on I get no gas in carb. Any idea on if there is a check valve or solenoid on the inlet side of carb?

I pulled the solenoid off that is on the front of carb and turned on the key but the solenoid didn't do anything so I guess thats not the right one? If I pour gas in the carb it will start.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
It will depend on where about in the world you are, but my carb has a fuel shut off valve that is supplied 12v positive when the ignition is on. If not connected it shouldn't run. My connector broke but it still ran:confused:, worn out and leaks I guess.
Don't know about the bush though..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Nevada, USA and it was running before it made the "noise". I just poured gas in the carb and it fired right up but still not getting gas via the fuel line.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Could the carb be dirty with gunk? Try carburetor cleaner on the carb or spray it and let it sit to see if it helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts