Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just two questions:

1. the steering stabilizer in the Sami is worn. What options do I have for replacement? OEM , Old Man Emu, Rancho?
{part numbers and online sources would be appreciated}

2. Ring and Pinion gears for the diff: Can I change these ONLY in the rear diff or do I have to purchase for BOTH front and rear diffs?
{did some research - YUKON seems good 5.38:1}

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I have just two questions:
Easiest first...

2. Ring and Pinion gears for the diff: Can I change these ONLY in the rear diff or do I have to purchase for BOTH front and rear diffs?
You have a 4wd vehicle. This means the front and rear diff get power and it happens at the same rate. If you change the rear and not the front, it only takes a second to accidently throw it into 4wd and detonate major parts of the drivetrain.
Do them both at once and avoid the hassle.

1. the steering stabilizer in the Sami is worn. What options do I have for replacement? OEM , Old Man Emu, Rancho?
{part numbers and online sources would be appreciated}
Although the OEM unit is still available from a few of the zook vendors, I suggest the Old Man Emu direct replacement part. It is a definate upgrade from the tiny stock unit.

OME Steering Stabilizer

·
Registered
293 Posts
Monroe #2941 is also a oem fit steering damper, but with your 32" tires the OME might be a better option, especially if you have any death wobble problems. For tires closer to stock, the Monroe works fine and cheaper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bless you guys !!
That's why I am becoming addicted to my Sami ..... such ease of modifications when compared with my Forester...lol...

Thank you for such speedy and well informed responses!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts