Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wandering if anyone could help, i have been told that i can fit 2" lifting shackles to my SJ413 lwb without changing the shocks but i am unsure if this will work has anyone doen this if so please let me know how you got on
I am also about to fit a set of 215 15's which i am told will be fine on the stock suspension anyway unless anyone knows anydifferent

Thanks all

Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, in my country, especially in my town there are many many Sierra/Jimny/Katana using high shackels. No need to replace your shock absorber if you make a new handle for them-you just make cut, profile or bend, drill, and weld. That's all. Otherwise, you can use shocks of Daihatsu Taft/Feroza for the rear, and Toyota Kijang (Unser in Malaysia, not sure in other countries) for the front.
But be aware with the stability. My recommendation, not to drive more than 60km/h with shackels, especially if you use 205xxRxx tire. I recommend to use 24.5cm wide tire. Heavy tire and rim is an advantage, but cause poor fuel consumption.

Most of all, think safety, drive safely. I have seen an SJ410 with shackels and tire of 30 (and also snorkle) roll over 2 times just after overtake me at 90km/h on wet good highway. It was a terrific accident.

Regards. :thumbsup:
yusmin-Indonesia
Katana 4x4 - 1993

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, a friend of mine also put some shackles on them, adding about 3 inches of height to his machine, without placing other shocks. No problems at all, only when he drives to fast over speedbumps, then the shocks ho\it the bumpstops, and his head makes full contact with his softtop :) . So it's not neccesary, but it ads a little comfort to your rig.

Greetings,

Teddy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts