Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just recently traded my 99 Jeep XJ for a 1987 Samurai. This is my third samurai and its for the most part in good condition but it's stock. I want to do the obvious mods; lift, tires, etc. I'm not building a rock crawler just something that looks cooler than stock 205 tires! I want either 235/75 or 29x9.5 tires. The front bumper is gone and the previous owner made a stinger style bumper for it. I'm looking at a simple 2" shackle lift and am wondering what else may be required for the lift? BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET! I'm not spending over $100 for the lift. Will I need extended brake lines and shocks? Again will I NEED those things? It won't spend a lot of time off road either just mostly zipping around town.

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i threw 3" extended shackles (~1.5" of lift) on mine from LROR without having to do anything else. theyre 50$ a pair + shipping tho, but after buying mine i found out Advanceauto has universal shackles and are adjustable as well for a lot cheaper (also longer than my 3" extended shackles=more lift). brake lines and such should be fine at that much lift, especially if your not offroading where you would flex out and extend the lines.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree that brake lines should be ok with a 2" shackle lift and don't go more than that to avoid geomtry issues. Also, installing add-a-leaf kit can lift your Samurai without costing too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts