Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was trying to figure out how to correct the angle in my steering rod/arm/joint thing (whatever you want to call it) that goes from the steering wheel to the steering box. the upper knuckles at the firewall bind up some and give a tight spot in the steering going down the road. ive loosened the bolts on each knuckle and on the box to hopefully let it fix itself (lengthen or shorten) to where it needs to be and no good its pretty well rusted in there, tried PB and WD 40 to try to free it up but still no luck. tried hitting it but its actually pulling the rod out the firewall now instead of making the center portion (in front of the headers) move. anyway to relieve this problem? it was loose for awhile but just found yesterday 2/4 of my rag joint bolts were loose and helped give it some slack, tightened em back up and so did the steering again. any ideas im open to, even thought about dropping the entire section from firewall to the steering wheel to compensate for the angle, plus i never liked how high the wheel is anyways feels like a bus or an 18 wheeler lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'd loose the 2" body lift.
1" is max safe limit on a Samurai.
But if you must: Replace the stock joints with high angle joints .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx, yea i heard the downsides of the 2" but after i got em i seen the 3" ones and my wheels were turning, my daredevil side got a little upset, but ill see wat i can do for the joints

1 - 3 of 3 Posts