Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AKA rebuild kit. I can't find one anywhere and can't find who manufactures the one on the SX4. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
AKA rebuild kit. I can't find one anywhere and can't find who manufactures the one on the SX4. Any help would be appreciated.
Gee, in the 12 years that I drove Suzukis with Fuel Injection, I never heard of a Rebuild Kit.

I know guys who replaced parts in the system as they went bad, but not a kit, just one part at a time.

I only kept my SX4 for four years, till Suzuki closed up all their dealers in the US, then I had to trade for a car with GOOD local service.
In that time, I never had any engine problems at all.

My Kia Soul has no known problems with the fuel injection system.

Good Luck to you!
The Shaodow :cool:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Never heard of an injector rebuild kit.

There is a service kit that allows one to use injector cleaner?
I think a small tank full of injector cleaner hooks up through the schrader valve on the fuel rail.
Then hangs from the hood of the car. Let the engine run until it finishes using the cleaner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the service kit.
Mitsubishi & Suzuki Fuel Injector Service Kit

Yes, you can replace all of the rubber parts and the filter.
Here are 2 videos, one on the rebuild procedure and one on cleaning. When I've done them in the past, I've had really good luck.
The cleaning video is great, but there are a bunch of other ways to do it. Most use a 9 volt battery to avoid damaging the injector. It gives just enough oomph to open the injector.

I replaced coils and spark plugs and still had a cylinder 2 misfire. I cleaned and rebuilt/serviced the injectors and found the injector was the real culprit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Service Kit and Videos

Car has 177K and had a chronic cylinder 2 misfire. I replaced the coils and spark plugs and problem persisted. I found the service kit and cleaned the injectors. In the cleaning video the guy uses 12V power to open the injectors, but most use a 9 volt battery to avoid damage. I have had good luck with this in the past, but had a heck of a time finding the kit.

The kit
Mitsubishi & Suzuki Fuel Injector Service Kit

The videos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts