Suzuki Forums banner

2.0L Front engine lift bracket cooling system tube clogged.

281 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  fordem
I am in need of help or suggestions in how to clear the engine lift bracket cooling system tube, a clog is causing an overheating issue, on a '02 Suzuki Vitara 2.0L, 130,500 miles, original owner. An attempt was made with a 1/4" engine cleaning brush without success, clog at 90° bend.
Thanks for any solutions.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I'd suggest something along the lines of a section of an old flexible steel cable - handbrake cable, clutch cable, speedometer cable - cut it, unravel it a bit and spread the end and then push it through whilst rotating it.
Just thought I'd mention this - a clog in that tube is unlikely to cause an overheat issue - what it will do is cause the engine to stay in "fast idle" longer - it routes coolant through the throttle body where it warms a wax based mechanism that controls the fast idle.

The flow through the heater core is perhaps X10 greater than the flow through that bypass, so that is where I would focus - make sure you have good flow through the heater core and that the thermostat is working.

See less See more
And the jiggle valve in the thermostat is at the top if its a horizontal thermostat.
And the jiggle valve in the thermostat is at the top if its a horizontal thermostat.
I have a 2002 J20 engine, does not look like that
I have a 2002 J20 engine, does not look like that
Does not look like what?
That would be my question also ...
1 - 7 of 7 Posts