Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been messing with Mini Trucks (Kei) and I wanted to try something different, so I just bought a 1998 Samurai to tinker with. It was not running when it was parked 9 years ago. Battery, plugs, dump old fuel,... and if fired right up. It will run a while at idle, but as soon as I press the gas pedal, it dies. It will start right back up. Vacuum or carb? I have checked vacuum lines and the seem to be okay.

I have also noticed that there is a canister missing from the firewall on the passenger side. Would this be a major issue effecting this issue.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome, mini-tinker!

While we are really a helpful bunch, we need a bit of information about you and your truck...

The Samurai goes by many names in different countries... In the USA, Samurais (the SJ413) were imported from 1986 to 1995. In other parts of the world "Samurais" were available until well into the 2000s under other names with different features.

In order to help you better, please fill out your user profile to indicate generally where in the world you are located and exactly what vehicle you have (SJ80, SJ410, "Coily" Sierra, Maruti Gypsy, etc). Don't forget to indicate the engine displacement and type of induction (carbureted, single- or multi-point Injection, Turbo-equipped, etc.)

Also, a "kei" vehicle refers to a "Japanese-spec" vehicle that has an engine with generally under 1 liter of displacement. There were "kei" Samurais, but they are very different from what the rest of the world knows as a "Samurai" engine-wise.

I hope that this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Kei trucks are right side drive imported from Japan. They were something to mess with.

I am not sure how to put all the info in my profile just yet, but I am located in Elwood, NE USA. I am not at the vehicle right now, but it is a 4 cyl carb engine.

I will work on getting more detailed info in my profile.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
After not running for nine years the fuel would have gel and likely clogging lines and the carburetor. I also hope you took precations to oil the cylinders and top end of the engine as well as change the oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts