Suzuki Forums banner

1997 swift bogs and dies, very hard to start. please help

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tonyvallevista2 
#1 ·
my 1997 swift 1.3L starts up and drives ok but when given alot of gas when starting to heat up, it will bog and hickup while in gear, jerking and stalling like someone is Smashing their foot on and off the gas pedal. the first couple of times it stalls, it can be restarted but still continues to run like shit. eventually it will stall and be very hard to start and when I can get it to fire up, it stalls again in 3 seconds. It gets worse and worse the longer the car has been running. Even at idle, it will irregular bog and miss and eventually stall.

Recently I have had the fuel Pump and filter replaced. Mechanics said that was the problem but guess what, 300 bucks down the drain, it does the EXACT same thing it did before they had touched it.

mechanic says TPS was starting to go, could that be the problem in the first place?

If someone could please throw some ideas at me, it would be appreciated, tow truck drivers are starting to know me by name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.