Suzuki Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1995 USA Spec. Sidekick JX 16V. Soft Top with A/C. G16B, 4WD 5sp. manual
9 Posts
Next I removed the complete alarm assembly since the original remote controls are non existent.
Horn, control unit and as much of the wiring harness.
This takes some complexity out of the wiring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Buddy of mine helped me with a test set up to make starting with the ignition switch possible again.
Behind the glove box there is a white wire with blue stripe.

Here we plugged in a temporary wire. The other end was plugged in the smaller one of two connectors below the steering column containing a black wire with red stripe.

Now the car starts by key again but unfortunately the clutch safety feature is bypassed somehow.:unsure: I still have to figure that one out.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,104 Posts
I connected the double wired connector to the manifold and the car now starts when connecting the starter motor solenoid to a positive lead.
That would indicate that the engine and body are not properly bonded, Suggest you install a heavy wire connecting the engine/ body/ battery neg..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Indeed. I have already done so. Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's back to the drawing board for me. Turns out the box I removed (also) controls the A/C. A soon as I have a reliable solution to my starting problem I will post it here.

·
Super Moderator
25,488 Posts
Hmmm….a box that controls the starter as well as the A/C??

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I wonder if he removed the A/C amplifier?

·
Super Moderator
25,488 Posts

·
Administrator
16,174 Posts
The a/c amplifier does not control the starter.

My guess is that a previous owner may have fitted an after market device alarm that either included remote start capabilities or a starter disable, and that's what was removed, what baffles me is why so many people find it so difficult to troubleshoot a "no crank" condition - it really IS a very simple matter.

Font Parallel Engineering Auto part Rectangle

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wonder if he removed the A/C amplifier?
According to my A/C guy I did! He also proved it as the A/C compressor started working as soon as the box was connected again. As the system is in need of some minor repairs he advised to first fix the starting issues before he would resume working on the A/C.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts