Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,835 Posts
No, they should not be getting quite warm - there is only a small amount of wattage running through them. It would appear that you have an intermittent wiring problem somewhere, which is causing your issue. You need to do some diagnostic testing - testing battery voltage, the fuses, electrical circuits, etc. I would venture to say that, while your car is running now, your problem will show up again.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
... That said I believe it was in the injector wire harness as was last time we shook it the fuses stopped blowing.
I doubt it is "fixed."

Most likely you have a bare wire somewhere in the harness and you just moved it from what it was shorting to. It could easily move back to the original position.

I wouldn't drive it any farther than I wanted to walk until you find it.

You can remove the harness and take it inside. strip it down, inspect, fix if needed and re-wrap. Hopefully you find the smoking gun. (The bare wire.)

·
Registered
4,306 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
WOWOWOWOW That would do it?

Where was that problem area?
Vibration/rubbing/attrition.

Main harness, right side of engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
x2. This is certainly the easy way to do it.

Regarding J Benoit, I have found 3 of his ECU diagrams on the internet, one for OBD1 TBI, OBD1 MPI and OBD2. I'll upload them to a new thread - maybe it would be a good idea to make them into a sticky. Kudos to this guy, whoever he is - they are truly incredibly excellent....
where can i find the one for tbi?

·
Registered
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Nothing wrong with those wires, the lesions are there to release the pressure so they don't explode and let the smoke out... :eek:

.... Philip
you know someones actually going to believe that don't you? hehehehe

·
Super Moderator
23,835 Posts
where can i find the one for tbi?
Getting back to the new poster:
Welcome to the forum! Please be good enough to start your own thread with your questions. You’ll also need to advise exactly what you’re driving (please put it in your signature), as different years will have different diagrams and ECU models.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts