Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1996 Geo Tracker- 4wd auto Key Switch issue????

Over the last couple days, when start my tracker to plow my drive way.

1. Turn the key switch-starter no engaged
2. Lights work
3. Fan works
4. I turn the key 10 to 20 times then it works.
5. Any known issues with the key switch??? should I just replace it??

Thanks RW

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
auto or manual? each has safety starter interlocks.

As this is your snow plow, could you live with a push button starter? or does it have to start with the key? (You could keep the key to turn it on and off... )

But this is getting ahead of myself... auto or manual?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Have you wiggled the shifter while trying to start it?

My current driver needs that from time to time... actually just press the shifter forward while turning the key. I just never got around to readjusting the neutral safety switch as it is almost second nature now. I think I'll address it when I get my current project (the Sport) back on the road.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
1996 Geo Tracker- 4wd auto Key Switch issue????
How many miles?

What kind of plow? I'd be interested in learning more about the plow.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
wow 60k is nothing.

I once saw an all electric plow on a vintage (well rusted) Sammy or Sidekick, can't remember now, but the point is it was a 4 way plow that fit it. I've been trying to find out who made it ever since.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just plowed driveway, 67K on my POS. I will be looking for a rust free body down south!! I might install a 6.5 Myers plow. The Snow bear relays & winch are garbage!!! I replace their relay 3 times under warranty. Went with a Waren relay and wiring, and installed a super winch with cable.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
wow 60k is nothing.

I once saw an all electric plow on a vintage (well rusted) Sammy or Sidekick, can't remember now, but the point is it was a 4 way plow that fit it. I've been trying to find out who made it ever since.
You might want to pose that question on Plowsite.com, there are a lot of knowledgeable operators and dealers/salespeople there, someone may remember. Good luck

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You might want to pose that question on Plowsite.com, there are a lot of knowledgeable operators and dealers/salespeople there, someone may remember. Good luck
They are not fond of putting a plow on a Tracker.

I think you can not only plow your driveway but you sidewalk too ;)

AND it beat the h*ll out of putting a plow on a garden tractor.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
13,254 Posts
I have run a 7' Snowbear for about 15 yrs, winch quit once (hung brushes). Son plowed many apartment and church parking lots for extra cash while in school...

...... Philip

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
ok, back to my topic!!
I thought you were gonna put a foot starter switch on the floor like they have on tractors, errr Trackers.

Nice anti-theft addition.

·
Super Moderator
26,882 Posts
1. Turn the key switch-starter no engaged
The auto tranny has a park/neutral switch that can go bad, located on the passenger side of the tranny. If your car isn't starting with the key, and you jump the starter and it will crank, then you can check/bypass this switch (replacing is pretty expensive unless you find one in a junkyard). This switch indicates that you are in park or neutral, and if it isn't working (or linkage is just a bit off) the car won't start. As said here previously, try wiggling the shift lever to see if that helps. If so, then its the park/neutral switch.

·
Super Moderator
26,882 Posts
??? Are you saying that with the plow off the car, you have no problem?? Are there any electrics on your plow?
I'd love to have a plow for my Tracker. For the one time in 5 years or more that it snows here, I could make a mint. Everyone panics. They actually close the schools for less than one inch of snow. No kidding.....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.