Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 tracker. I replaced the engine with a 1997. (95 lost oil pressure and ruined cylinder head)Both are 1.6 16 valves with automatics. I am using the 95 chassis,computer, engine wiring, intake, distributor, egr, and left cps unhooked. Just basically the block from the 97

I think I have it timed correctly sounds good and smooth for the 2 seconds it runs. Any idea what I need to do to keep running? Tachometer works. It’s like the fuel or spark is shut off. Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine has compression of 160 psi on all 4 obviously cold since it does not run long. I just did a noid test and shows power to the injectors. I have not tested fuel pressure cannot find the correct fitting. Although it does spray when banjo bolt it loosened.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Also not cel and I have a code 12 meaning all good
If it runs for 2 seconds then something, either fuel or spark is dropping out. Also, double check your ignition distributor position when you stabbed it. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
If it runs for 2 seconds then something, either fuel or spark, is dropping out. Also, double check your ignition distributor position when you stabbed it. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
23,677 Posts
Try starting it up with starting fluid and see if you can get it to run for as long as you’re spraying in fuel. That should help determine if your issue is spark or fuel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you I will try that. A kid at the auto parts store suggested I try to jump the ecu? Like it lost power and Needs energized

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
You need to find some diagnostician that knows how to use a scope, record the sensors and determine which one is failing first.. not doing this is just guessing..leaving you at the mercy of parts changers..$$$$..

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
So it will stay running on starting fluid. So I do that mean I have injector problems?
[/QUOTE]

No, that means you have a fuel delivery issue, can be fuel pump failing, injector signal fail,injector fail, ECU trigger fail, main ECU power/ground issue. This is why a diagnostic process is followed, dont guess..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did the noid test on each injector separately while running on starting fluid. I am getting injector signal everytime. Is there a specific order I should check everything?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has good flow. I took fitting out of front of rail and ran for 3 seconds then shut off. I did that multiple times ran out about a quart. I am having trouble finding a fitting to check pressure. Thank you for all the help.

·
Super Moderator
23,677 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pull the hose off the back of your fuel pressure regulator. If there is gas, it is no good.

·
Super Moderator
23,677 Posts
Pull the hose off the back of your fuel pressure regulator. If there is gas, it is no good.
Two hoses attach to the FPR. It’s the vacuum hose that you check (on the driver’s side, as in left hand drive) that’s supposed to be dry.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts