Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
old 95 sidekick 200,000 + km Runs rough
compression 180 to 185, obd1, multiport fuel injection.
Been sitting for a couple years.
Drained fuel tank replaced fuel filter. (added new gas)
Replaced cap and rotor.
wont rev over 2000 rpm (and very rough)
Cant set timing properly bouncing all over.
Any ideas
Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
While compression appears to be ok, make sure you have done the ignition timing properly - the rotor should only go into the distributor one way (some aftermarket ones will go in 3 ways, and shouldn't be used). The car fires 1,3,4,2 and your rotor will spin counterclockwise. It should be set to cylinder #1 firing. Using a timing light is only for fine tuning the timing, after the static timing has been done. You will need to freeze the ECU (jumping the blue/red to black pin at the diagnostic connector) in order to do this.

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

Thank you Bex I did find info in one of your past replies when you helped another person out. I should have included that I bought this vehicle not running
I was told that the timing belt had been changed and that was all good it was running perfect and he just parked the car for a few years and then it didn't run afterwards which at this point I don't believe anymore. As per your other posts it looks like the cam sprocket is set on the wrong timing mark. I will be changing that after work tonight. Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts