Suzuki Forums banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I don't think there is a nut missing there, according to the parts diagram. It looks like the stud bolt threads into the trans and then gets a nut on the engine side. I will double check it tomorrow.
Motor vehicle Font Automotive design Automotive exterior Parallel

It could well be the engine/trans not being firmly bolted togehter, have you put also a nut where it was missing?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I wouldn't take it on the road if I thought something was unsafe. My temp fix for the side missing the stud bolt is very secure. The diagram indicates that there is no nut on the trans side of the stud bolt. See the post with the photo.

I could take that comment to a whole new level.......maybe its on the drivers seat holding the steering wheel :p

Good Point tho, things will now be held together properly, new noises are a distinct possibility

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Great to hear! I will see if I can clean up the starter from the 91. Thanks! After stopping and restarting at a few locations today, I suddenly got a battery light on. I'm guessing this indicates low voltage? The battery terminals look good but I'll remove and clean them tomorrow. I wonder if this could be part of the issue with my starter. I did notice that when I crank over the starter, the tach shoots all the way to the high end momentarily.

The starters all have the same part number, AT and MT the same For 91 and 95

·
Registered
803 Posts
ok, thought the nut was missing here, now see that its simply camouflaged.... still odd that the stud is sticking so much out, as if it's not screwed fully home in the trans, would check that too.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Oh I see what you mean now, it's hard to see the nut on the right side in the photo. No problem.

ok, thought the nut was missing here, now see that its simply camouflaged.... still odd that the stud is sticking so much out, as if it's not screwed fully home in the trans, would check that too.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
It's 100 degrees out with 20mph wind gusts, so I thought it would be fun to work on the car. :) I discovered several more issues and will post them in separate posts to make replies easier to follow.
I went to check the stored engine codes and found this when I located the connector. The wires to the blue and green look to be so corroded that there is no copper left in them. How is the car even running like this?
Terrestrial plant Wood Automotive tire Twig Snake

The plastic around the connector is turning to dust.
Cuisine Dish Jewellery Wedding ceremony supply Font

Does anyone know the name of this type of connector? I will need both parts of the connector to replace the entire thing. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I upgraded to a Premium Member here to help support the site, as it looks like I'll be here quite frequently! :)

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I'm getting the Battery indicator light lit on the dash while the car is runing. I thought that might mean low voltage. I checked my battery before starting the car and it was at 12.99V. When I started the car the tachometer shot up to 8 and then came back down. I checked the voltage while running and I'm getting 14.2. Is that too high? Could I have a problem with the alternator?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The transmission dipstick does not appear to seat properly over the tube.In the photo you can see the edge of the tube sticking out on the right. Do I need to force this down over the tube or is this the wrong dipstick or what?

Automotive tire Fluid Liquid Water Cylinder

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
This wiring clip on top of the engine is broken and falling apart. If I wiggle it one way or the other the engine makes a completely different sound, like an exhaust sound or something. I was not able to capture the sound on video over the noise of the engine. I'll start going through the drawings to try to find the part numbers on these items, unless someone else knows right away.

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle Gas

·
Registered
1995 Suzuki Sidekick JLX 4x4 G16B
39 Posts
This wiring clip on top of the engine is broken and falling apart. If I wiggle it one way or the other the engine makes a completely different sound, like an exhaust sound or something. I was not able to capture the sound on video over the noise of the engine. I'll start going through the drawings to try to find the part numbers on these items, unless someone else knows right away.
View attachment 106552
Thats the cable for the inyector.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm getting the Battery indicator light lit on the dash while the car is runing. I thought that might mean low voltage. I checked my battery before starting the car and it was at 12.99V. When I started the car the tachometer shot up to 8 and then came back down. I checked the voltage while running and I'm getting 14.2. Is that too high? Could I have a problem with the alternator?
if it have 12.99v with engine off, I think thats overcharged (and that you have a problem in the charging system).
I dont know if this is helpful, but here is a diagram of the charging system.
Rectangle Schematic Font Slope Parallel

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
12,721 Posts
12.99 is the float voltage, set the headlight on for a couple of minutes and retest..

·
Registered
39 Posts
with all the corroed wires you found, I would begin checking the main wires and fuses. And grounds, I think bad grounds can mess up the alternator, etc. Look at this page: common-failures (and before cleaning the grounds I would take out the battery) This COULD solve the battery problem.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I was getting 12.99 with the car off. So start the car, turn on headlights, and re-test with car running? Or do all that with the car off? Thanks.

12.99 is the float voltage, set the headlight on for a couple of minutes and retest..

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I'm hoping these were the worst. They are right up against the battery and I wonder if acid got on them to eat through the insulation and plastic like that. I will keep inspecting as I go. The weird thing is that the car runs very good. I can't find that plug in the parts list. I guess any 4 pin plug will work since I'm replacing both sides. Thank you.

with all the corroed wires you found, I would begin checking the main wires and fuses.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm hoping these were the worst. They are right up against the battery and I wonder if acid got on them to eat through the insulation and plastic like that. I will keep inspecting as I go. The weird thing is that the car runs very good. I can't find that plug in the parts list. I guess any 4 pin plug will work since I'm replacing both sides. Thank you.
as I said, I would check the grounds (and clean them) first, that could cause the battery problem

41 - 60 of 89 Posts