Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to inherit a 1994 Samurai. It's been neglected and needs lots of TLC but I am looking forward to restoring it to its previous glory. But first things first. Out on the highway it would die and then restart while at highway speeds. If I filled the gas tank to the top it would run fine, as soon as it used about three gallons it would start to die again. So I pulled the tank, cleaned it thoroughly, installed a new fuel pump, and a new fuel filter. Problem solved, no more issues on the highway. But then a new problem cropped up. Prior to pulling the fuel tank it would occasionally run rough at idle and occasionally die. But would start right back up. Now it doesn't want to idle at all. I have to keep the revs up when stopped or it will die. And while I am revving the engine slightly to keep it running I can hear it surging up and down and it wont hold a constant RPM. Where do I start checking on what the potential problem could be?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Have you checked that the fuel return line is clear? Its also worth checking that the back-up power supply to the ECU is present, without it the ECU won't be able to 'learn' fuel correction.
You can download the EFI supplement for the Factory Service Manual here:
http://www.rhinoman.org

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The return line is clear. I have downloaded the link you sent, much appreciated. It looks like I have some reading to do!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts