Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

I have a 1994 Suzuki Sierra (Leaf Sprung).

I have been working my Sierra for a while now and cant seem to get the suspension right, so much money has been spent and it still rides extremely rough.

If there is any one who is having the same problem and can help me out that will be heaps good.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Without looking into a major suspension change, there is only one real way to soften the ride in a Zook... Air pressure.
The Samurai is supposed to run on 20psi in the stock tires (front and rear).
If you are new to zooks, you probably have 35psi in them and they are hard as rocks. The suggested pressures are on a data plate on the side of the dashboard.

Larger or offroad tires will be different depending on style and manufacturer.
Welcome!
;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without looking into a major suspension change, there is only one real way to soften the ride in a Zook... Air pressure.
The Samurai is supposed to run on 20psi in the stock tires (front and rear).
If you are new to zooks, you probably have 35psi in them and they are hard as rocks. The suggested pressures are on a data plate on the side of the dashboard.

Larger or offroad tires will be different depending on style and manufacturer.
Welcome!
;)
Well i have off road tires, i was thinking of getting a whole 2" lift on monroe shockies but i am worried after all that it still will run rough. any great suspension kits that can be suggested? great rides by the way hoping to get my Sierra looking like your white one.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
For something simple, I would go with an Old Man Emu Samurai Lift kit from Trail Tough. It is pretty complete and an easy installation.
OME Spring lift
Otherwise, there are lots of options depending on your tools, skills and credit rating. If you want to look at a MUCH smoother ride, look into the YJ spring conversion kits on the same site. That's what is on my white zook.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For something simple, I would go with an Old Man Emu Samurai Lift kit from Trail Tough. It is pretty complete and an easy installation.
OME Spring lift
Otherwise, there are lots of options depending on your tools, skills and credit rating. If you want to look at a MUCH smoother ride, look into the YJ spring conversion kits on the same site. That's what is on my white zook.
Yerr i went to ARB today and they quoted me on the following,

SPRING SUZUKI SIERRA
-FSPRING
SUZUKI SIERRA
-FOLD
MAN EMU GAS SHOCK
SPRING BUSH
KIT-F&R-EXCEPT LJ50
OME U BOLT, WASHER &
NUT
OME U BOLT, WASHER &
NUT
OME U BOLT, WASHER &
NUT
OME SPRING FITTING KIT
TRIM PACKER
STEERING DAMPER SIERRA
SPRING SUZUKI SIERRA
-ROLD
MAN EMU GAS SHOCK
SPRING BUSH
KIT-F&R-EXCEPT LJ50
OME U BOLT, WASHER &
NUT
TRIM PACKER
WHEEL ALIGNMENT CHECK

so hopefully that should do the job thanx so much bill been very helpful

·
Registered
33 Posts
One easy thing to check are the sping eye bolts....if you over tighten the bolts it will not allow the leafs to flex properly and will make it rough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts