Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1991 Geo (Suzuki) Tracker 1600 Short Block For Sale

Hello All,
I have a 1991 Tracker short block for sale. The following work has been performed on the motor:
1.) Block cleaned and bored w/ .040 over pistons (new)
2.) New crankshaft and rod bearings (standard size)
3.) Crankshaft polished
4.) New oil pump
5.) New water pump
6.) New front and rear crankshaft seals
7.) Block "decked" .008" ~ .010 " to insure perfectly flat surface to accept head
8.) Misc. items included - crankshaft timing belt pulley, timing belt tensioner and associated tensioner assembly, dual ribbed crankshaft pulley / vibration dampener

Original block had @ 180K on it. Pictures available documenting short block rebuild. All bearing, piston ring, etc and end play clearances within specification.

$850 firm (plus shipping if applicable)

Nick S.
Central Florida

·
Registered
2 Posts
is this a 1.6 block then? and if it is will a 1.3 zuke head bolt on? im new to this swop game but some imfo would be much appreciated. i have a zuke project that could use some extra power to turn some 39" boggers..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is this a 1.6 block then? and if it is will a 1.3 zuke head bolt on? im new to this swop game but some imfo would be much appreciated. i have a zuke project that could use some extra power to turn some 39" boggers..
Hello,
Yes, the short-block for sale is a 1600. A 1300 head might work on a 1600, but I have not heard of anyone doing this. Most peope use the 1600 head because it has bigger valves, larger exhaust ports, etc. If you are going to swap out a 1300 for a 1600 (in a Samurai) I would do further reasearch just so you know what you are in for.

Nick

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you still have this motor available. Is it a direct bolt in replacemant for a 91' tracker. What would i have to do to the head to get it to work for this block. My motor blew out the side( not my doing) and i have to repair it and your motor sounds like a suitable canditate since i live in N Fla in Jax. Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts