Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my sammy died one day and i checked for spark, i wasnt getting any spark from the coil. coil fuse was good, i couldnt get the box coil and a friend had a spar old canister style coil that i wired. it got spark once and blew the fuse. replaced the fuse and had no spark at all now.

I came across an online manual to diagnose no spark issues and found ohm readings for the coil to test it. the ignition coil tested good. i could not find any ratings for the ICM , but i wasnt getting any resistance from it at all. and I wasnt getting any voltages off the ecu. except for a couple pins which had maybe 0.3 ish volts.

is there a way to test the icm or should i just replace both the ecu and icm first

·
Registered
8 Posts
my sammy died one day and i checked for spark, i wasnt getting any spark from the coil. coil fuse was good, i couldnt get the box coil and a friend had a spar old canister style coil that i wired. it got spark once and blew the fuse. replaced the fuse and had no spark at all now.

I came across an online manual to diagnose no spark issues and found ohm readings for the coil to test it. the ignition coil tested good. i could not find any ratings for the ICM , but i wasnt getting any resistance from it at all. and I wasnt getting any voltages off the ecu. except for a couple pins which had maybe 0.3 ish volts.

is there a way to test the icm or should i just replace both the ecu and icm first
I would suggest checking your main relay first. It is one of the 2 relays on brackets at the top of the ECM. The relay with the pink/black striped wires is the fuel pump relay and the other is the main relay. If these relays are not attached to the ECM they should be dangling from the harness close by. If either of these are bad, the motor will not start. If it is not a problem with the relay it may be your ECM. If you do not have the 1990 - 1994 TBI supplement to the Factory Service Manual you can download it here: http://suzukiinfo.com/sierra/ It will explain about retrieving diagnostic codes in section 4A and the codes are at 4A-34.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts