Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1991 Suzuki Swift 1.6 - should I buy it?
(New to the forum, hope to be a long term member!)

I am currently in the nordics, and I've seen a nice little suzuki swift 1.6 for sale. I've always wanted one (80's child), but can't find many for sale in the UK. I plan to one day import it into the UK. Would you consider this a collectors car of the future? And do you have any idea what the "70" would be for on the decals/seats?

I don't want to seem over-keen and ask too many questions, as I think it's a bit of a bargain. But they have said that it has had done: "Had a lot of work done to the engine - timing belt, water pump, head gasket, all fluids and filters. Also spark plugs and spark wires".

120k miles, costs about £850 quid equivalent.

Any advice appreciated!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
That's going to be something of a personal decision - I would strongly suggest you make a close examination of the undercarriage, especially where the front suspension control arms attach - they are quite prone to rot, and I would consider that as unrepairable.

Now - I would consider the Swift, and especially the Swift Sedan to be an "unremarkable econobox" - in it's stock form, not worth getting excited over - and just so it's very clear, I owned a 92 Swift for many years, and have very fond memories of it - it was however far from stock, and better described as perhaps a "lethal sleeper", with the only tip off about the potential being the tires and the exhaust note.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts