Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my suzuki samurai with a 1600 sidekick fuel injector has problems with the engine surging when its cold and also is idling at 2000 to 3000 rpm. im in high school and have been trying to fix it in my auto class but i am running out of ideas. the computor has been replaced along with the distributor cap. the idle contor purge soilidnoid wire does not connect to any where i have no idea wherte to connect it to.:confused::(

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
keith,
8v or 16v?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Keith! and welcome! I had similar problems with my '91. Ack's FAQ's is a great information resourse for Sammi problems. Google it. There is a lot of information on the web. Research and study the fuel injection system and then tackle the problem. It is a simple fuel system once you are familiar with it. I'm sure your auto tech teacher has shared with you the importance of shop service manuals...use them, they are your best helper. Your problem could be a vacuum leak, stuck and or dirty cold start valve (this was the root of my problem), stuck or bad idle speed control (ISC) valve, stuck positive crankcase ventalation (PCV) valve. The manuals will show you the proper test procedures to eliminate good parts and find the defective one. Take your time, put your head in it and you will find and repair the problem. Post up when you find it or if you need more help! I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts