Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any magic cure for this....I heard that supplying exterior 12 volt supply can be done .....anyone have success at this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
checked wires from ECM to injector and they checked out ok.
decided to try the exterior 12 volt power supply.
e ne meni mi ne mo yellow or red wire.
I picked red as it seems to be a hotter colour.
slipped wire in beside red wire at ECM connector , touched other end on fuse in fuse box, clicked key and away she went. Removed wire and stalled.

the only thing I notice is Idle seems to be high and does not drop when engine is warmed up.

when checking voltage before adding wire , both yellow and red tested pos voltage.
the yellow was approx 3volts where the red was just over 5.

Does anyone know if this means that ECM needs to be replace or repaired. :unsure:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by guyiknow@Nov 18 2004, 10:18 PM
checked wires from ECM to injector and they checked out ok.
decided to try the exterior 12 volt power supply.
e ne meni mi ne mo yellow or red wire.
I picked red as it seems to be a hotter colour.
slipped wire in beside red wire at ECM connector , touched other end on fuse in fuse box, clicked key and away she went. Removed wire and stalled.

the only thing I notice is Idle seems to be high and does not drop when engine is warmed up.

when checking voltage before adding wire , both yellow and red tested pos voltage.
the yellow was approx 3volts where the red was just over 5.

Does anyone know if this means that ECM needs to be replace or repaired. :unsure:
Both the +B (red) and -(yellow) signals come from the ECM. If the wires are good all the way back to the ECM, then yes, it needs to be repaired. It is my understanding that the +B circuitry merely loops thru the ECM, is less reliable than the -neg side and is more prone to failure.

If you do use the 'fix' as you describe it, be sure you use a 'switched' +B voltage.

I know of an outfit that can do a rebuild of your ECM at a considerable savings with a 6-month warranty. I have an ECM in his shop right now, he indicates typical turnaround is about two days- give or take. Once mine comes back, I will let you know how it went, or you can go onto e-bay, and search for 'GEO TRACKER ECM REPAIR', it should pop right up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts