Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

Im a little new here but need some help. I just picked up a 1991 suzuki samurai and its missing the ecm computer? Does anybody know where I could find one?

Ive already tried trailtough.com, samurai salvage, petroworks, lowrange offroad, and a couple other places. I understand that they are pretty hard to find.

I appreciate any help I can get

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
They're about $700 bucks reconditioned from rock auto and various other distributors. $150 core charge brings it down to $550. You could buy a whole samurai with a blown engine for that price and take the computer out of it. best thing would be to try and get one from a salvage yard.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Unless someone has changed it over a 1991 is TBI injected and not carbed. Besure to get a computer for the EFI.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'll still keep an eye out for a good deal on one.

For anyone else searching, the part number on the ECU is 33920-80C30

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
What is wrong with it? I can repair almost any problem with these ECUs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well it was rebuilt previously and the person had used hot glue all over to fix it and the person that is working on my truck said it has got glue over some of the area that now needs to be fixed and so he figures that because of the glue it will not be able to be fixed completely. So he said find a new one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Suzuki still sell new EFI Sierras in India (re-badged Gypsy). I can purchase and ship a brand new ECU for you but the cost will be prohibitive @ USD 850.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
The Gypsy uses the G13BB engine and has a different EFI system.

·
Registered
448 Posts
If things come to worst, just convert it to carbeuretted. Should be a very simple conversion, you just need an intake manifold and a weber carb. I'm not sure the EFI intake manifold will be able take a carb, but if it does, you're in luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts