Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - we have a 1990 Samurai Santana with removable fibreglass hard tops.

We want to switch to a soft top and are looking at getting the fastback soft top from here:

I emailed to check and was told we require an additional front strip and side door sliders. They can supply the front strip but I need to find the side door sliders and have no idea what I'm looking for!

Does anyone have any pics/information or know of a UK supplier?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Suzuki Car Parts Catalog Online Store

There is a link to the part you need.

It's the rail on the back sides of the targa bar. The soft top has a lip that slides down the channel on the left and right back side of the targa bar. It's part number 3 on the diagram. You need two of them (same part for right and left.)

You'll also need the snaps and posts for the bed section to fasten to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - thanks for the great reply, that helps a lot.

I'm getting the snaps (poppers) for the bed but what are the posts for the bed section? Do i still need these with a fastback (sloping) soft top?

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Hi - thanks for the great reply, that helps a lot.

I'm getting the snaps (poppers) for the bed but what are the posts for the bed section? Do i still need these with a fastback (sloping) soft top?

Thanks again!
Parts 8 and 9 are the rubber molding that attach to the front and back of the targa. You probably already have it.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
the snaps go down the sides of the bed and one on each top corner of the windshield frame. The posts are studs that go on the tail gate for the top to hook to. The back of the soft top has 4 eyelets that go over posts to hold it down, it doesn't use snaps on the back. Probably because you take that part off regularly to open and close the gate and it would tear a snap off with frequent use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts