Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, awhile back (mabe 1000 miles ago) I replaced the head gasket.

All was well until the sammy was running odd and then I realized I was 180* off timing wise... (rookie mistake)

I fixed it and it ran better! (after a new cam and valves..)

But I noticed that not much oil is getting pushed out to lube the top end. (compared to my other sammy)

Is there a cheat to this or am I possibly overlooking something simple?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
2 things, 1, this could be normal with new cam and valves, less "slop" in the bearings means less oil leakage, or
2 theres an oil hole in the head gasket that can be partially blocked off due to manufacturing issues and / or fitting error causing reduced oil flow. Only way to check is remove the head and make sure the passages are clear from the mating surface to the overhead gear (spray carb cleaner or brakekleen down the hole with a nozzle on the can and wear safety goggles, it hurts like hell if it gets in your eyes, safety glasses don't work, trust me on this one) and make sure the hole isn't obstructed when you fit the new gasket.

how much oil is up there? as long as theres oil sitting in the pockets in the head I would think its probably ok, you would have noticed something after 1000 miles if there wasn't enough oil. Take the valve cover off and make sure the cam lobes aren't showing signs of scoring, if they are, not enough oil.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok! I will do that this weekend, thank you for all the help! I am not currently around the sammy now, but I remember that there as oil gettin to the top end but nowhere near the amount in my other samurai.

I will update you soon thank you again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts