Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Very confused on whats going on here. Everything was working fine and then stuff randomly stopped working. The headlights work, the license plate lights work, the passenger side marker and running lights work. But...
  • My blinkers are not working at all. When i flip the switch, no noise, nothing.
  • The hazards work (kind of). I pull up the switch and the flasher clicks. But the lights flash weird. the headlights and tail lights dim with the flashing in a weird pattern that I have not seen before. Originally when i pulled the switch up for the hazards, the arrows illuminated on the dash, now they do not. The driver rear doesnt flash at all
  • The drivers side marker lights and running lights do not work
  • The reverse lights do not work. When this first happened, the blinkers did not work but the reverse lights still worked.
Pretty sure im not getting power to the blinker/reverse light fuse. Didnt get a reading on the voltmeter. Unsure of how this could happen. I'm an engineer (the mechanical kind) and I'm usually pretty good with electrical stuff. This has me stumped. After looking at many diagrams it seems like

Thanks for any help

·
Super Moderator
13,216 Posts
I would suggest you start with the ground connections at the lights, all four corners and the markers, make sure they are clean and tight and follow this back to the bulb sockets, make sure there is no corrosion in them. Next systematically work your way through the wiring - if you don't have a diagram you should be able to find one at Ack's FAQ.

A bad ground at a single light can make the remaining lights do odd things, for example, a tail light ground connection is going to provide a ground connection for stop, tail, reverse light, and turn signal - if it's broken or not making good contact, all four of those circuits will be affected, and to make matters confusing, it will cause them to interact with one another - reverse lights might work during the day and then not come on when the side lights are on, side lights might work until you step on the brake - weird stuff like that - so check the grounds before anything else, also make sure there is a good connection between the battery negative and the firewall.

No power to a fuse - assuming you are using the meter correctly (meter negative to either the battery negative or a good clean ground connection, meter positive to the fuse contacts) - if there is no voltage you need to follow the upstream connection to the power source (this is where the diagram becomes essential) - the reverse/turn fuse is going to be fed from another fuse via a contact on the ignition switch - it could be a broken wire, a bad contact in the ignition switch, even under the fuse box - use the meter to track down where.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts