Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not going a step further without some help .. I installed 1.6 16 and the motor is about 1/2 inch off center at front of engine . The down pipe is now in and against frame and cat conv. is cockeyed . I have read that petro works drops motor and inch and moves the motor straight ,but mounts are breaking and crap .. ? I called trail tough and they said this is the way the motor sits and they do 100's ..in sam .. i read some guys have taken transmiss. out because of this bull%%%5f allinement and or throw out bearing . who needs the headache?
Is there a cure ? and have other members run with motor off center ??? engine droping 1 " looks like flange on down pipe will hit frame or will never get bolt out or in in future ..
transmission mount bolt is more drivers side also >not in center Badly

·
Registered
616 Posts
What motor mounts are you using? It is possible that aftermarket mounts for another vehicle manufacturer may be causing the alignment problem.

I have stock motor mounts with Calmini adapters on a 1.6 block and have had zero problems for 14 years. I have not read of major problems with other adapter systems from the manufacturers you mentioned on any of the more hard-core offroad forums.

We need more specific, clearly-written information on your vehicle and a little less grouchyness, if you can. Patience helps win the battle! Trust me, I know this...:lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ack I am using the original sami mounts and mounts too block for 1998 sidekick >
and the 2 brackets 2 the frame slotted in the package ... I do not believe that the motor should sit off center . AS 2 my bing pi%%with this . I am working on the ground and 2 get this for with electical in and reading about vibrations and metal on metal and other issues in drive train does not bod well for the mounting hardware being sold ???????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts