Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car will start just fine, when I put it in first gear or in reverse and as soon as I start to release the clutch it jumps forward or backwards and stalls. It was running just fine and then parked it came back out started it and it's doing this. it will roll in neutral. Any ideas would be helpful!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay, correction… I was taking the words of my friend who borrowed my car but actually it is not going into gear. Basically the clutch pedal is not releasing the clutch. This happened once before months ago and all I remember doing is fiddling with the gears and the drive shaft gear and it was able to engage again. It doesn't seem like an intermittent problem for the clutch to not release. Is there something that may have come disconnected that is easily reattached or perhaps there is a piece that may have broke that connects the pedal arm with the clutch?

·
Super Moderator
12,429 Posts
Time to get out there and LOOK at it YOURSELF.

This can be any one od a multitude of things - as simple as a broken clutch cable, or worse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, I have done some research and I do believe it to be the cable. I'm just curious why it would start working again and then not again.

·
Super Moderator
12,429 Posts
Ever had diarrhea? Maybe even had it twice? Was it the same cause both times?

The clutch not disengaging is the symptom, there are many possible causes - the cable is only one - and the simplest one at that - I don't plan to list them all for you - I could probably find the actual problem in less time if I had the vehicle in front of me.

Have someone depress the pedal whilst you observe the release arm on the bell housing - see if it moves - and then take it from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts