Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my Sammy around the other night and I never made a sound or anything it just died while driving. I tried restarting it and it would only light the dash up. It would not turn over I used a volt meter and the battery (which is not very old) had plenty of voltage. I used a jump box on it anyhow and it fired right up!! I put it in the driveway and have started it everyday since with no problem at all. I cant figure out what happened. Any help or advise would be great

Thanks
Jesse

·
Super Moderator
17,582 Posts
Check battery connections and have the battery "load" tested too. ;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
If your driving and alternator and all connections are good it should not die regardless of battery condition, at least not related to charging system issues. Check all grounds and fuses. Did anything go dim or act strange before it died? X2 for batt load test, most auto parts stores will do it free and going into winter is a good time to make sure it's strong.

Start it and let it run a few minutes without a charger/jump box/jumper cables attached and do a system voltage check with accessories off, then turn on lights/heater and see what the voltage is then. The idle should not drop much if at all during voltage checks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts