Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I recently bought a 1987 Samurai jx. 2 days ago I drove it in the morning, I think that I engaged the 4wd accidentally. Now the car wont move. It turns on, when I try to shift with regular gear lever the car shift without a problem but I notice that if I leave it in any gear and disengage the clutch the car does not jerk nor turn off. I assume that is because the car is stuck on 4wd. The 4x4 lever is hard to move and it is not allowing me to shift back to 2H from what ever position it is. I think it is stuck but I have no clue of what to do next. Is there any way to manually disengage the 4wd on this model? Please help this 4wd rookie.:confused:

·
Registered
80 Posts
i think you have the common problem on all sammys ive yet to experience it but im waiting for the day. take apart the shifter theres a bushing thats worn out you should be able to put it back in 2wd but i think it will pop back out. ebay has the repair kit for it its like 20 bucks for the bushin comes in polyeurothane and they have a tranny bushing kit with the transfer case bushin also and a bolt for like 50 bucks.read on the pages onn this forum you will see more about them it happens alot.you can check lowrangeoffraod.com too but i havent seen it there.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Welcome!

Yup, it's a common Zook problem.
Here is an article with pix to get you familiar with what needs to be done.
The article refers to a product sold by RRO, but most of the other Zook vendors have the kit also.

T-Case Fix

1 - 3 of 3 Posts