Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've searched many post related to issues with transfer cases. I tried backing up to see if that resolved the issue. ok with the transfer case in 2 wheel drive it still spins the front output shaft. In a situation where i need 4 wheel drive it seems that sometimes it works sometimes it dont 4 high or 4 low. I repacked the hubs and put a new transmission mount on it and it made no difference. Its like everytime your in 4 wheel drive and you push in the clutch you never know what your gonna get. :mad:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Ok I've searched many post related to issues with transfer cases. I tried backing up to see if that resolved the issue. ok with the transfer case in 2 wheel drive it still spins the front output shaft. In a situation where i need 4 wheel drive it seems that sometimes it works sometimes it dont 4 high or 4 low. I repacked the hubs and put a new transmission mount on it and it made no difference. Its like everytime your in 4 wheel drive and you push in the clutch you never know what your gonna get. :mad:
How does the transfer case shifter lever feel?

If the movement is sloppy, it could be a bad shifter sheet. A disintegrated shifter sheet is, by far, the most common transfer case failure.

Another thing to check is the condition of the splines on the ends of the driveshaft axles. If the splines are loaded with rust, the hub locks will not easily engage.

BTW, It is not necessary to pack the locking hub mechanism with grease. Too much grease can actually inhibit the operation of the locking mechanism. Only enough lubrication to thrououghly coat the moving pieces and protect them from rust is needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts