Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks in advance. I purchased this little guy in October last year, and it's run fantastically for me. I've put about 20,000km on it, and haven't had any issues.. It uses a bit of oil, doesn't go uphill nearly as well as it goes downhill, the headlights are just about worthless, and it really needs a bath, but I'm in love with the thing.

I've built a bed in the back, and I'm traveling Australia with it.. But to my problem.. Two evenings ago, after driving around all day without trouble, the van started to misfire a bit. I thought I had shifted into third too fast, and didn't really think much of it. I parked for the night, but then the next morning it was the same. The van will start and run fine, but then every now and then while driving (it could be 60kph, or 100kph, doesn't matter), the carb will hesitate, and there will be a little pop out of the exhaust. Sometimes this happens a few times in a row, sometimes just once..

I've started it up, driven 20ks, and not had this happen once, more often though, I start it up, and it happens pretty early.

I've tried running it with the choke open, and it doesn't change anything. I've checked the fuel filter, and it's fine. I also filled up with new petrol thinking that might help, but it didn't. My guess from here is points or spark..? I work the same hours as the local auto parts store, but I was thinking about heading up and grabbing a set of points, plug wires, and dizzy cap... Does that seem like a good place to start? Any other ideas? I had planned on upgrading to the G13 distributor at some point.. Maybe now's a good time?

Also, how on Earth are you supposed to get in to change the points on this thing? It seems like there's zero room down there! Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I changed the spark plugs and sprayed some cleaner in the carburetor. That has fixed the problem for now. I will definitely try to get a 1.3l dizzy to do the upgrade as soon as possible.

I also discovered that there is a removable panel to access the distributor.. Perfect!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts