Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Anyone perhaps can tell me where else I can find a VIN number for SJ410 1984 model. We are having a bit of a problem with a traffic department. Bought this car in December, but cannot get a police clearance cause we can't find the metal plate (?) with all the numbers. Looks like that the previous owner might have taken it off when he installed the sound system. We could find the chassis number and an engine number, but no VIN number. Checked on the internet too, and it says that the nr might be on the driver side under one of the pedals - nothing there. Traffic police officer wants me to send him a plan from the internet where it would show exactly where the plate or VIN number should be, so he can take this matter further with a previous owner. It is a right-sided vehicle (South Africa).
Please help.

·
Registered
173 Posts
On my 88 samurai which should be the same as yours except different side steering wheels!.
My Identification/Serial Number is on the drivers side dash where it faces the door. It is attached there and can easily be seen when the doors opened. Previous owner took that out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts