Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was just wondering the best choice for an engine swap for a 1982 samurai ute currently equiped with the origional (good working) 970cc engine. I want to stick with 4 clyinders and was thinking about getting a 2-wheel drive toyota 5 speed, fuel injected donor truck for the project. I still want good cheap fuel bills and don't want to weight the poor truck down so I was staying away from the v-6 Although I do have a good 4.3 in a chevy astro van sitting at home. I have heard that is a good choice, but seems it would be too heavy,wide and powerfull! Any suggestions would be appriceated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Tug's@Nov 3 2004, 05:54 AM
Hello, I was just wondering the best choice for an engine swap for a 1982 samurai ute currently equiped with the origional (good working) 970cc engine. I want to stick with 4 clyinders and was thinking about getting a 2-wheel drive toyota 5 speed, fuel injected donor truck for the project. I still want good cheap fuel bills and don't want to weight the poor truck down so I was staying away from the v-6 Although I do have a good 4.3 in a chevy astro van sitting at home. I have heard that is a good choice, but seems it would be too heavy,wide and powerfull! Any suggestions would be appriceated.
Go with the 1.6 8valve out of a sidekick and use a Samurai trans. This is the most common engine swap. There are tons of companys selling engine swap kits for this type. The 4.3 is waayyyy to heavy, time consuming, and fabrication is needed......alot of fabrication.

My 2 cents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts