Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of giving in and getting seventeen inch rims, but I dont want the speedometer to be off.. Point me in the direction of a good value for something black, with a tire package, and correct tire sizes I will need please. and how bumpy will this get with stock suspension??

·
Registered
258 Posts
To be honest, you speedometer might be more accurate, everytime i pass by radars or others doing the speed limit it seems my forenza with 15's is off by 2mph. like if its a 30mph zone radar shows 28mph, with 17's id feel like it would be more on the money. Just my theory through my forenza experience, could be wrong.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MIne is off by about 6 mph with stock and my air bag light comes on and stays on I noticed when I had my other rims it never came on, they were heavier 15's kinda weird eh?

·
Registered
116 Posts
yea, mine goes about 2-3mph off from radar.

i make it my excuse to drive 5mph faster than the speed limit :p

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so are you looking to buy 17 inch rim and tire package?
Yes sir, and I dont think the radar was off when I got the car my dad was going fourty five and according to mine so was I and he called me on the celly and said why are you so far back I said Im going the speed limit and hes like theres no way in hell sure enough when I went 50 I was neck right with him while he was going 45..

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the very last one the best thanks for that link man, I just might have to get those when I get that money.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you get tire size 205/40-17 there will be no diffrence in speed

I just ordered myself a set of 17s with 215/40-17 which are a little bigger

1 - 15 of 15 Posts