Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if you can put 16x10 wheels on my samurai? if so, what size tires and lift would I use?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Running a 16" wheel would be no differant than a 15". Just use a very small back spacing or wheel spacer. The over all tire height will determine lift needed. Low profile tires will need no lift. It will just ride harder due to the small sidewall height.

·
Registered
193 Posts
EVeryone seems to use 15" wheels and about a 75(%) profile tire. They're stronger and there's a lot more available. For a small vehicle that goes off-road, I can see no advantage in going to 16" wheels, and several disadvantages. 15 x 10" wheels are pretty commonplace -- backspacing and lift advice is readily available just by searching. A low profile tire is best kept on smooth asphalt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
16x10 wheels for off road

I am planning a 5" lift and found a great deal on used wheels but they are 16" and I was wondering if anyone has done this or seen it, I am wondering what size tire I will want to use with that lift and 16" wheels. I am looking to use a all terrain or a mud terrain tire, as I like to go in the dirt, nothing low profile for me.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
When 16" wheels first started to make it to the trails, I was told that they didn't have as much of a bead retainer ridge as the regular 15's and 17's we usually dealt with. The 16's on my GV are the first 16's I have actually used, so I really don't have as much personal experiance with the insides.

Can anyone else speak about the bead retainer ridges?
:confused:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
can't comment much about the bead retainers, but the tires are going to be more expensive. If you are looking at buying some because you found a good deal you may end up eating your savings on the wheels with the tires you are going to run on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts