Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please recommend some 16" alloy rims for my GV 2013 ltd?
Did any come from the factory with alloy.
What backspacing and other technical specs will I need to know. Is there one or two that someone has already used.
I need all the tech information as I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mine came with 17" factory alloys. I bought 16" steel rims for the muddies.

Try outdoorauto4x4.com

His name is Tim. Maybe he can get a set for you :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Oldtrack,, but I am in Canada.
I wanted to stay with alloys because if I go to a LT tire, they weigh more than passenger.
My main problem is to get the exact specs I need for a 16" rim. I still want a 225 75R16 tire, but I need to know what specs I need for the rim for it to fit. How much backspacing, hub size, etc.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had a feeling you weren't from around here.

If people would only fill in their locations on their profile, it could save some time. ;)

Good luck with your wheels.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have 16 inch factory alloys on mine. Suzuki dealer?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zooksforlife, do you think that I can get 225 75r16 tires to fit on a 2013GV NOT lifted..just stock?
Dan

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Lots of Grand Vitaras came with 16" factory alloy rims. Since low profile tires are the rage these days, numerous people upgraded/degraded to bigger rims. So you should be able to find a set of used 16" oem rims on Craigslist, Buy&Sell, eBay or even a wrecker. You will pay as much for one rim from a Suzuki dealer (if they still existed in Canada) as you'd pay for 4 used rims.

I know someone who used to participate here and lived in central Alberta had a set for sale about 7 years ago.

Personally I think the way to go for a second set of rims is used oem's. I have two sets of the 17" factory alloys.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had 245 75 16 fitted without lift without rubbing. Yes

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks Digital Delay. If you don't mind asking, how much where they each?

Dan
$200 each, IIRC. I got them from Millwoods Suzuki here in Edmonton (they have changed their name since). I got them to mount some Yokohama Geolandar AT/S in P225/70R16. I probably could have saved around $400 by getting some no-name wheels and tires from Canadian Tire, but I'm glad I went factory, especially on a new vehicle.

FYI, they also had some 17" of the same wheel, except in polished chrome that they were willing to deal on. Since these were for going to be for "off-road", I wanted 16" and no chrome :).

Also FYI, I saw my fuel consumption decrease noticeably with this wheel/tire. I attribute this to a 2lb. weight saving compared to the 18" Grandtrek combo. Rubber sidewall is lighter than cast alloy!

Jason

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Jason.
That's still a lot of money. But if that's the only way to get them, maybe in the long term it will be worth it with the savings in gas.

Dan

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Also FYI, I saw my fuel consumption decrease noticeably with this wheel/tire. I attribute this to a 2lb. weight saving compared to the 18" Grandtrek combo. Rubber sidewall is lighter than cast alloy!

Jason
Absolutely that rims are heavier than tire sidewall. This whole low profile tire stuff is just proof of how vulnerable the public is to advertising. Tighter cornering at the expense of a rougher ride, worse performance including braking, more expensive tires AND rims, and more risk of damaging the rims. Totally silly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings from Brazil!

I went from the original 225/60-18x7" tire/wheel configuration to a much nicer 245/75-16x6.5" set. The offset (ET) range is between 34 and 45 for the GV, and this value is 45 on the 18 inch original rim. I went to a lower 34 ET (wheel sticks out a bit more) to avoid the inner rubbing of the tire. Here's my before and after scenario:

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Are we sure this setup will not rub on a non-lifted grand vitara? I ahve a 2010 and would love to get this setup.... almost 2 inches bigger in diameter!!!! wow!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are we sure this setup will not rub on a non-lifted grand vitara? I ahve a 2010 and would love to get this setup.... almost 2 inches bigger in diameter!!!! wow!!!!
Nope, not sure about that at all. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure it WILL rub, especially if you get a tire with an aggressive tread.

Forgot to mention I have a 2⅛ inch lift kit installed - my bad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts