Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 1996 V6 Suzuki Vitara. It has factory 16" rims, running 215/70/16 tyres

One garage told me I can't put 15" rims on it, one garage told me I could. The issue is clearance from the brake calliper at the front - has anyone else had this issue?

I don't want to have to lift my truck or increase overall diameter too much. Someone suggested Maxxis Bighorn 205x16 should fit.

Let me know thoughts and ideas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings.
I also have a similar situation because I had 2 rims stolen from my 95 Suzuki Ecsudo . Original is 16" and I was told That The Jimny 15" rim would work ...then someone said it wouldn't work. Did u fit the 15" rim and do u know if the Jimny 15" rim will work on my vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
12,346 Posts
Telling us you have a 95 Escudo doesn't actually tell us much - yup - you have a Suzuki, and that's about it.

If we knew what engine your Escudo had we might be guess what brakes it should have, but, it would still be a guess on our part, and you'd still need to confirm.

Escudos with a 1.6 litre engine can probably take 15" rims, anything with a larger engine will most likely require 16" rims - this is not a hard & fast rule, it's based on knowledge of Suzuki Vitaras - the Escudos can be equipped differently.

Please note - at this point I am only considering the rim diameter and whether or not it will clear the brake calipers, the center hole diameter, PCD and lug pattern are critical, as, to a lesser extent, rim width & offset.

You really DO need to get one of the rims and test fit it on the front to be certain .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts