Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 87 Sammi, already lifted with 31'' Swampers. I want to run 32x11-14 Silverback atv tires. I'm havin trouble finding 14'' wheels with 5 lug 5x5.5 bolt pattern. Anybody know where I can find a set?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow, smaller... that's a switch...
have you measured if they will fit? Remember there are brake front and rear that you need to fit inside those wheels.
what are the tires rated for weight? what makes these tires so special?
any on road driving may get a little squirrelly... remember it's the sidewall that gives... are these tires even capable of high speeds? (sorry, I know nothing about them)

thanks,
george

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I think you need to check the load rating on those tires. Even the 6 ply silver back is not designed to handle the weight of a samurai. We may have the smallest lightest truck on the trail, but we still push at least 500 lbs over even the heaviest quads. That's empty weight too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
In that case, you want a nice wide tire on a wide rim. I'm running a 12.5" BFG mud tire on a 10 wide rim.
Pizza cutter (narrow) tires only dig down. You have a light rig, use that advantage.
Mine is so light on it's feet I've actually drifted it over my foot with no harm. BUT, I don't recommend that. :lol:
I know guys that run 14.5" rubber on 12" wide rims that are even better at floatation, and that's what you want. It's all about pounds per square inch pushing down... think show shoes.
Hardcore rocks may show a weakness in the axles with that much leverage. In the perfect world the back spacing would be about equal.

A fully loaded Ranger is 3000 lbs?
sammy - curb of just over 2000 lbs and payload of almost 1000 lbs
1995 Suzuki Samurai specs, auto safety at Edmunds

If you know someone that is running 14" rims, why no just ask him what they are?
Maybe a utility trailer place?

thanks,
george

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My buddy built his wheels. I can easily build my own, but was hoping to find some aluminum wheels that look nice. Far as the tires go, the silverback is awesome on a sammi. One of my buddies is running 31'' TSL's, another is running 9.5x16 tractor tires, and another is running silverbacks. The sammi on the silverbacks will walk circles around the others.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All the wheels I'm finding are 5 lug 5x4.5 Looks like I'm gonna halfta buy adapters or just build some wheels.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
silverbacks are practically a paddle tire. Great for mudding. They shed the mud nice and easy and the tread wraps all the way around the sidewall to the rim. You'll have to look at adapters or trailer wheels probably. I'm pretty sure if his ranger can roll on them, the samurai shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm giving up on finding wheels, anybody know where I can find adapters to go from 5x5.5 to 4x1.56, 4x1.10, 4x1.15, 4x1.37

·
Registered
293 Posts
Your problem with adapters is the 108mm center bore required by your front hubs. At Spidertrax.com, there are adapters to go from 5x4.5 to 5x5.5, but not the other way. If they are made, it would be Jeep CJ guys that would be the main market for them.

Found these on ebay.

Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want to run 14'' atv wheels. I need any 4 lug atv pattern. I could just build some steel wheels to run the 32's on but I'd rather have a nice looking aluminum wheel

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought an 87 Sammi, already lifted with 31'' Swampers. I want to run 32x11-14 Silverback atv tires. I'm havin trouble finding 14'' wheels with 5 lug 5x5.5 bolt pattern. Anybody know where I can find a set?
i know of a place in winnipeg, manitoba but don't know where you are from? let me know if this would help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've already built some steel wheels, but thanks anyway. I found some 14'' 5x4.5 steel wheels and re-centered them. So far they are working great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's locked up in a buddy's shop over the weekend. I'll get some pics Monday and post em up. It does look wicked. I have a few more small things to finish up first of next week, then it'll be ready for a test run. I'm anxious to see just how bad this thing is. If it's half as bad as it looks, i never get to use the 9,000 lb Warn I put on it,LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
La77chevy

Hey Im looking to do the same thing you did with the 14" tires. I use my sammy at the camp and the truck tires i can fit are narrow and they slide around everywhere on the atv roads.I have 29" super swamper tires on it right now. Truck tires. What kind of rim did you find and adapters for a 14" rim? Do the rims hit the brake calipers? What size atv tire can you fit on the 14" rim and still have enough clearance with the tires? Can you post some pics? That would help too. Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
Why not just run 15" atv tires???????????????? By the time you build / modify / adapt + labor. The cost is close to the same.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I havent found anything else worth spending $230 on for a 15" atv tire. Im already gonna have to put a lift kit on it to fit anything over 30" tire but im trying not to spend a but load of money. I was thing the trail gear 3" leaf springs and change them over to over the spring set up. Hopefully i dont need to change my steering setup to a Z link but think im going to have too. so Im already looking at $1000 for lift and almost $1000 for tires. trust trying to see what other options I have if any to go a little cheaper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts