Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
They are cheap cars but they're reasonably well put together. I have a touch of quiet creaking from the trim above my head that I am not bothered enough by to diagnose, but otherwise, these are fairly quiet cars, as quiet as such a small car can be anyway. Try a Peugeot 107, it's night and day in noise levels, the pug sounded really tinny.

Check that the rear windows are shut properly I suppose? As for the creaking, I'm not sure but I know if the boot shelf isn't attached or down properly, it makes for an easy source of rattles. Easily done because there's no damn weight or string attachment on it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i agree windows r shut correctly i figerd out that if im not doing the correct speed in correct gear like i need to shift down from fourth to third the same rattle happens so maybee it just my exsorst pipe maybee the car doesent like rough tarmac there is nothing visual wotsoever the car looks perfect

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the rattle noticeably improves when you leave it in gear but step completely off the throttle (the car then uses no fuel, thereby no emissions to exhaust) then the exhaust is a pretty good bet, mostly likely the exhaust hangers needing a replacement. Not difficult or expensive if the case, you could easily do it yourself if you can raise the car onto jackstands or ramps safely. But as it's a 13 plate and it's such a new car and still under warranty I would actually send it to the dealership for a warranty repair in case it's anything else. If you don't have the warranty book then try asking the dealer for a replacement - the warranty is transferable but I don't know how pissy they are if you're missing the book.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have a look at the front brake caliper sliders, they dry out and rattle on rough surfaces. A touch of grease and that particular rattle anyway is gone. You can diagnose whether or not this is the source of the rattle by sliding your left foot over and gently applying the brakes whilst travelling over a surface which triggers the rattle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks flange that's exactly what it was the callapers needed oiling had em fully replaced n no rattle now u know ya stuff pal

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm currently suffering the same problem. I changed the clutch, put in a new gearbox and replaced the two outer cv joints. within a matter of weeks, as I was driving into my yard (which is quite rough, loose gravel and pot holed)I noticed an intense rattle. sounding like metal against metal thumping together. I was told it could be the anti roll bar bushes going into the track control arms but they are fine. I've also checked my engine mountings, but everything appears to be grand. some further help and advice would be greatly appreciated as it is starting to worry me and I don't want to go out for the day anywhere as I'm afraid I'll not get home
many thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts