Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 sierra (narrow track) with 970 cc engine I use around the farm. Last week the head gasket went and it is now sitting in the shed waiting to have the engine lifted out, the plan was to strip and clean it check bearings etc and put it back togeather with new gaskets etc. However my son rang me at work telling me there was a 1.3 with gearbox on ebay for a $105 finishing in 48 seconds so it now transpires I have a 1.3 to put in the zook and I have a few questions.

Will the 1.3 bolt up to the existing 4 speed gearbox?

Is the 5 sp a straight bolt on to the 970's transfer case ?

·
Super Moderator
12,446 Posts
Since you're asking about a Sierra, I suspect you may be in Australia, if that's the case I'd suggest you ask over over at the Auszooker forum, the folks there are more familiar with the NT models.

Regarding the transfer case - I believe you have what is known as a divorced transfer case in that it is not bolted to the transmission, but connects via a "jack shaft".

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
The engine won't fit to the 410 gearbox, you would need the 413 box. I think the 84 prop flanges will fit but at least one engine mounting will need to be moved. Use the 413 coil with the 413 distributor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we have picked up the new engine & box ,pulled the old one out and have started sizing everything up the bew box should bolt straight in the old jack shaft fits on the 5 sp ang the rear gearbox mounts are the same .I'll have to test fit the engine & box to measure up to see how to make the engine mounts fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts