Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the schematic and I still cant seem to narrow it down, looks like a white/gray gives power to the blinker switch but I was under the impression that the hot came through the flasher first.

I have for a long time had a short under dash, the blinkers would stop working now and then and I would slide my hand under the left and they would magically start working again, now after the alternator popped and replacement I find they wont work at all, fuses good but wiring was somewhat scrambled from the PO, I'm still sorting through it. My Q is where to I need to get keyed voltage into the turn signal system to make it work again, it's my daily driver while there is so much ice. I know it's not ideal but I have to get them working asap.

Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
W/Y from the alternator and battery goes into the ign switch. From there it leaves the ign on a B/Bl wire into the fuse box and a 15A fuse. That wire supplies 3 wires a Y/G, Y/BL, and a Y wire all three different fuses inline with each other. From there the only wire going to the flasher is the Y, and Y/BL wire it appears from looking at the switch diagram that one of those should supply power honestly I believe it being the Y or Y/Bl that provides power from Ign. the Y/BL wire also goes to your 4 way switch as well. Just check with a multimeter and see but that is what I am seeing in the diagram. That W/G wire goes to the 4 way flasher switch

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found power there, I think I have a bad fuseblock. I found that wiggling the fuse JUST so will allow them to work, its a delicate balance and probably a need to just cave in and R&R the fuseblock with an updated marine version.

Thanks for the comeback. I still hate electricity, when I'm in charge of the world electricity will be banned, and Haldol will be deliverable via blow darts haha. I will likely get this project done before either of those things come to pass.

Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's a common thing for fuse blocks to go bad as well. When you pull it out for replacement check to see if it is melted anywhere on that fuse receptacle. That may indicate another short causing the wires to get hot. It also may indicate there was already a bad connection with the prongs that the fuse plugs into causing too much heat. From how old these sammies are getting I can only see electrical problems popping up more than anything. I absolutely hate electricity as well but over the years I have become ok with it. Anytime you need anything just ask me. I'd hope that you guys would help me just as so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts