Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I just stumble at this site and was wondering if it will effective here in the Philippines.

It's a good alternative to cooling your car plus it won't strain our small engine with a factory installed AC using refrigerants. Tipid siguro to sa gas.

You can read the article at this site:

!12-Volt Portable Air Conditioners by Swampy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do hope this shall reach here in our place...

The downdside of this is you need to put water always.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
j-six said:
hi chip, nice ride you got. i think that is a suzuki scrum, and not a suzuki every.

nga pala, i do invite you to join our suzuki club and forums exclusively for pinoys. pls go to Welcome to Club Carry Philippines/Suzuki Car Club of the Philippines!. see you there! :D

hehe, there is no so called in Japan a Suzuki scrum, its only a term locally misused in the Philippines and most people get used to it already even though its wrong.

Scrum is really came from very old models of Mazda Minicab and Daihatsu Autozam :) as a counterpart of the Suzuki's Carry and Every as a truck and a van, the 543 cc engine became a 657 cc in 1990's.

Kasi dati, Daihatsu Autozam palagi ang nakapasok dito sa Pinas kaya nakasanayan na sa mga local distributors ang term na scrum.

this is a Suzuki Every bro. This even has its name originally printed from Japan at the back part below the windshield saying SUZUKI EVERY 12-VALVE and a SPECIAL EDITION at the exterior side panels of driver's seat and front seat, when this wasn't repainted yet and factory white colored. Super Carry or Carry is the older model/name.

Scrum is only used to pinpoint the front and side exterior panels, dashboard, and sidings designed with curves just like sedan to some folks who locally assemble the units. Due to there are two designs in the interior, the scrum and the ordinary one. But again, still the term is localy misused in the Philippines :)

Just like calling the Suzuki Carry and Every as Multicabs :) A very wrongly used name.

Both below are one of the names of Kei Class Minivans durably made from Japan:
Carry - is Suzuki's pickup or truck type (though they have their older models of van type also)
Every - is Suzuki's van type

there is also a newer model of Suzuki Every (named Suzuki Every C.) which has the different exterior front panel(face) from mine, and here it is;

its like an APV huh:) but not, and its smaller than it.

the newest model of Suzuki Every Wagon is the Suzuki Every+ (higher roof, higher torque & horsepower, and more passengers capable / Every's 7th Generation Van / 1298cc Engine), in which I believe where they got the design for APV released localy in our country now.

anyway, i already joined the club site you offered just now. thanks for inviting bro.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My officemate saw something similar to this one. the difference is it is intended for home use. i wonder if that could be converted to 12v. I'll check it out later.;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
pascalhatesworm said:
My officemate saw something similar to this one. the difference is it is intended for home use. i wonder if that could be converted to 12v. I'll check it out later.;)
there are many variants of it in the site so i believe what you have seen is really a variant of this one. :) do hope that it shall be very available in my place soon...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do-it-yourself

Hi guys!

FYI lang, you can make your own home-made AC that is portable and "Cheap."

Here is a website where you can make your own AC so the summer heat will be bearable.

Goodluck and hope you like it.:)

Make your own air-conditioner site:

Make your own air conditioner - Lifehacker

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yellowturtle said:
Hi guys!

Here is a website where you can make your own AC so the summer heat will be bearable.

nice trick!
heheh not really a completely energy saving device but it sure does make you want to think to try it yourself.

gaano kaya ka kapal ung copper tubes na ginamit, tsaka sana meron diagram kung pano ginawa :lol: :confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yellowturtle said:
Hi guys!

saan tayo makakabili ng copper tube na ganito? at magkano?

·
Registered
85 Posts
hi chip, try mo lang ung mga autoshop along Leon Kilat and borromeo. they sell these copper tubes on diff sizes. if i'm not mistaken, the smaller (types) ones are the same tubes that they can use for brake lines.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Chipmunk888 said:
hehe, there is no so called in Japan a Suzuki scrum, its only a term locally misused in the Philippines and most people get used to it already even though its wrong.

Scrum is really came from very old models of Mazda Minicab and Daihatsu Autozam :) as a counterpart of the Suzuki's Carry and Every as a truck and a van, the 543 cc engine became a 657 cc in 1990's.

Kasi dati, Daihatsu Autozam palagi ang nakapasok dito sa Pinas kaya nakasanayan na sa mga local distributors ang term na scrum.

this is a Suzuki Every bro. This even has its name originally printed from Japan at the back part below the windshield saying SUZUKI EVERY 12-VALVE and a SPECIAL EDITION at the exterior side panels of driver's seat and front seat, when this wasn't repainted yet and factory white colored. Super Carry or Carry is the older model/name.

Scrum is only used to pinpoint the front and side exterior panels, dashboard, and sidings designed with curves just like sedan to some folks who locally assemble the units. Due to there are two designs in the interior, the scrum and the ordinary one. But again, still the term is localy misused in the Philippines :)

Just like calling the Suzuki Carry and Every as Multicabs :) A very wrongly used name.

Both below are one of the names of Kei Class Minivans durably made from Japan:
Carry - is Suzuki's pickup or truck type (though they have their older models of van type also)
Every - is Suzuki's van type

there is also a newer model of Suzuki Every (named Suzuki Every C.) which has the different exterior front panel(face) from mine, and here it is;

its like an APV huh:) but not, and its smaller than it.

the newest model of Suzuki Every Wagon is the Suzuki Every+ (higher roof, higher torque & horsepower, and more passengers capable / Every's 7th Generation Van / 1298cc Engine), in which I believe where they got the design for APV released localy in our country now.

anyway, i already joined the club site you offered just now. thanks for inviting bro.
thanks bro. so in short, dapat ang tawag dyan sa van mo ay suzuki every type C and not a suzuki scrum? because that design says that it is a autozam scrum...so in that case if it is to be a part of the suzuki family then that should be called an every? :confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
blue said:
hi chip, try mo lang ung mga autoshop along Leon Kilat and borromeo. they sell these copper tubes on diff sizes. if i'm not mistaken, the smaller (types) ones are the same tubes that they can use for brake lines.

i see. cge, try ko doon. gusto ko kasing lagyan ang kwarto ko kasi walang aircon, wahehehehe! :D ang init init.

buti pa suzuki ko sobrang ginaw, kwarto ko parang oven toaster.:eek:

salamat bro. try doon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
j-six said:
thanks bro. so in short, dapat ang tawag dyan sa van mo ay suzuki every type C and not a suzuki scrum? because that design says that it is a autozam scrum...so in that case if it is to be a part of the suzuki family then that should be called an every? :confused:

mukhang nalilito ka sa sinasabi ko. anyway, hindi ito type C sa akin kasi older model ito than the type C na Every.

ito ang type C na Every available dito sa Cebu;

ito naman ang first generation ng Every na gaya sa akin;

another first generation ng Every na gaya sa akin (sporty type lang ito, automatic at EFI pa);

gaya sa sinabi ko "there is also a newer model of Suzuki Every (named Suzuki Every C.) which has the different exterior front panel(face) from mine....."

anyway ang scrum gaya sa sinabi ko ay "Scrum is only used to pinpoint the front and side exterior panels, dashboard, and sidings designed with curves just like sedan to some folks who locally assemble the units. Due to there are two designs in the interior, the scrum and the ordinary one. But again, still the term is localy misused in the Philippines".

Ang akin ay ang first generation ng Suzuki Every (This even has its name originally printed from Japan at the rear/back panel below the windshield saying SUZUKI EVERY 12-VALVE and a SPECIAL EDITION at the exterior side panels of driver's seat and front seat, when this wasn't repainted yet, factory white colored, and newly arrived delivery in a container from Japan)

Every is for their Van model, and Carry is for their Truck model. Though I have seen a Carry in a van type body also, guess those models are made when first generation of Every wasn't introduced yet by Suzuki. Hope na clarify ko na bro.

@ Mods

pasensya na sa OT. nagkakaclarify lang. salamat

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chipmunk888,

Tanong ko lang kung ok lamig ng AC mo at abot ba sa second row? Gaano kataas ang temperature mo pag naka "on" AC mo? And do you still have the original compressor or nagpalit ka na? Fuel injected ba van mo?

Syensa na dami ko tanong kasi sa aking inaayos ko pa at front engine yung sa akin.

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yellowturtle said:
Chipmunk888,

Tanong ko lang kung ok lamig ng AC mo at abot ba sa second row? Gaano kataas ang temperature mo pag naka "on" AC mo? And do you still have the original compressor or nagpalit ka na? Fuel injected ba van mo?

Syensa na dami ko tanong kasi sa aking inaayos ko pa at front engine yung sa akin.

Thanks!
oo, sobrang abot naman bro, lamig nga sobra. kung mainit ang araw, normal lang ang lamig niya pero kung hapon at gabi na, most of the times hindi na kami gagamit kasi sobrang lamig na talaga, giniginaw na kami lahat sa loob. dual condenser kasi.

1/8 to 1/4 lang ang engine temp ko pagnaka ON ang aircon, nagfuflusing kasi ako sa radiator system. maintain mo lang ang radiator mo and keep it clean, free from residues, air, and sludges. remember to put always coolant in your reservoir but it must be a "long life coolant", not the ordinary ones.

if you can make the proper maintenance, kahit 9 pa kayo sasakay sa van mo at magtravel ng accelerating roads hindi ka mag overheat(unless if one doesnt know how to drive), lakas at ginaw pa engine mo. dahil kahit ford expedition pa tapos may air at madumi ang radiator system, ay deadball talaga.

carburetor po ang sa akin, problema kasi ang EFI pagsinasalubong ka ng malas when traveling in very long distances. carburetor kasi madaling ayosin, at experience ng iba na mas malakas kumain ng fuel ang EFI kaysa carburetor. maganda lang ang EFI pag lagi kang offroad at nasa snowy countries ka kasi tamang-tama talaga ang mixture niya at hindi ma affected sa environmental weather conditions. caburetor kasi pag lagi ka sa offroad, very humpy at rough kaya na affected. but me, i always drive on road and seldom to offroad so no problem at all.

ok lang yon bro, ganito kasi tayo dito, lagi tayo ask para makakuha ng tulong. ako nga kunti lang alam ko sa cars pero ito atleast may kunti na:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
@chip
saan d2 cebu alam mo na kumakabit ng ac for zuki. mine is 12v 4x2 pickup. pag may ac noticeable ba talaga ang kain sa gas?

·
Registered
28 Posts
cityboy said:
@chip
saan d2 cebu alam mo na kumakabit ng ac for zuki. mine is 12v 4x2 pickup. pag may ac noticeable ba talaga ang kain sa gas?
yes, sa kaibigan ko bro, guess you know him..forumer din siya sa tsikot.com at istorya.net as scrum888. it is located near CIT in going to south...the name of the shop is rome enterprises. anyway, you can contact him through this number, 2628816, and look for rome(bet you know him already). magaling sila magkabit ng airconditioning system. may isang optional feature pa sila ngayon na lalagyan din ng cooling exhaust beneath targeting the rear seats so additional ginaw pa ;) maganda yan 4x2.:)

actually, hindi talaga ang aircon ang kumakain ng gas..its just that the airconditioning system absorbs 15-20% of your engine's ideal power so you would eventually feel the lesser power when running the car. and because you get used of the light and fast strength of your car, you tend to accelerate the application of your gas' pedal when the airconditioning system is active just to cope up with what you have used to feel the exact normal strength. so eventually, stamping more on the gas pedal gives accelerates the fuel consumption. anyway, i can say around 5-7% ang difference sa consumption on highway driving pero kung ma traffic, around 8-10% kasi nasa initial stage kasi ng running ang bigat. just like when you are carrying a big heavy container when your suzuki is a pick up type ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
cityboy said:
@chip

gusto magpa tuneup..where ma recommend mo

actually, dyan talaga ako magpamaintenance sa kanila(yong tinutukoy ko sa itaas) kasi dyan din ako bumili ng suzuki ko, at alam ko kung gaano kataas ng quality sa pagtatrabaho nila compared sa iba kaya trusted ko na sila. mitikoloso kasi sila sa pagtatrabaho at yang si pareng rome ay hindi gusto ng pangit na output at hindi sigurado kaya maraming nagkakagusto na suzuki buyers na bumili sa kanila. kahit sa manila, marami orders sa kanila. magaganda din units nila(the units above i have posted are from them too). try mo lang e contact yon bro.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts