Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As seen here:
RePower your Suzuki Samurai with a V6 or V8 Engine Conversion from Suzuki Lightning Conversions

The motor comes with ECM, harness, adapter plate (for Samurai swap?)

According to Alan it's an OBDI motor and ECM.

So I have the 8v motor OBD I and 3 speed trans. Couldn't I just bolt this up with out their adapter plate and just plug and play with their ECM and harness? Since I'm in smog CA state - I think I would need to find a replacement air filter box and connecter hose to the intake - anything else? Would I need to do anything with the gas tank? Or should I be OK since it's OBD1 which I have already? My overall concern is - can I make this CA smog legal after install?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
621 Posts
They are known for being sketchy. More than a few of their 10k $ samurais have required more money than that to get going safely. Google search the company. Stock motor mounts for a 4.3....id advise against it.

Just a heads up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha...just avoid the state of FL all together right? :banana:

My 8v runs really good - was just curious more than anything.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Check out trailtough...or aftermarket4x4.

Or even dr. Tweak if he is in the suzuki game these days.

All are good guys who go the extra mile.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like Trail Tough. As soon as Bret finds a way to make the 2.0L swap smog legal here in CA I'm all over it. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Couple of guys who a are on the east coast have had trouble with them.

Issues with pinched frames, terrible welds, unsafe machines. If you google their name and add in the word nightmare...a few threads pop up.

I really wanted to do a 4.3 swap, and didnt because of the rep I found.

In retrospect... should have flipped a coin.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
If you want more power from your engine then you could talk to Superf1y on TeamSwift. I haven't personally dealt with him but he gets a lot of good feedback and has developed his own camshaft profiles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts