Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am new here to this forum but won't be new for long. I have a 08 SX4 and haven't had any issues until it hit 100,001 miles. The engine light came on and all of a sudden the vehicle is louder and has a vibration in it. Engine runs smooth but its "off". I will take it to a mechanic tomorrow but was hoping there may be some night owls that may have a clue, if the light came on at any other time it really wouldn't be an issue but for it to come on right after 100k just seems a little shady.

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
There is no magic switch, scan the ECU and retrieve the codes.. Do not throw parts at it..

.... Philip

·
Registered
616 Posts
You may have heard of a switch under the Samurai dash... That switch is a way to shut off the "service engine" light which illuminated either by an ECU error or the odeometer passed a certain reading point. The Samurai was built before OBD2 systems were part of every new vehicle (pre-1996).

There is not "Service Switch" on an '08 SX4 as aquanaut20 indicated in his post. The engine computer has discovered a problem and turned on the "Check Engine" indicator light. The fact that it happened at 100,001 miles is a coincidence.

Have the vehicle checked with an OBD reader by a competent mechanic to pin down the exact problem.

As aquanaut20 said, DO NOT just throw money at this problem! Let someone who knows the technology fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys, no worries though I am not just going to through parts on it. Been working on vehicles for longer than I care to admit but when it comes to the newer electronic vehicles I let the professionals take over. I must admit it has been a pretty good car, a little small and uncomfortable when traveling long distance but other than that its been great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts