Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello, I have the physical manual, but with the Reference (99011-78KM6-01S mine is spanish) I found the PDF manual in english for you (Ref.: 99011-78KM6-01E). I have checked It is the same, with C4 oil indicator. The coolant I used is the blue one Long Life 5L(suzuki reference: 990F0-59J44-EC1).

In this link, you have all manual reference for the last version:

thank you very much.The 2012 manual is much more informative for little things.For example the oil check.The 1.9ddis have the cap-type.I didn't know how to check the oil with the cap screwed fully or not.In this manual is described nicely.It's funny that the diff oils are still using 80w90.
There are other additions like tables for downshifting gears .... wow
The coolant is also finally printed in the manual.In 2006 version was noit.I use the standard green one that need to be replaced at every 2 years.Next time i am switching to blue coolant.Seems in 2006 there was no blue coolant invented yet .... :p
Also pressure for tires and ecomode ... 2.6 front and rear with 4 people...Very intersting
Can you look for the tire pressures on your vitara when it's empty ? .. I am curious if they kept the same pressures as mine..

The manual is a bit foggy especially some drawings.
The link where the ebook is looking ... strange
The manual looks scanned.It's weird for an "oficial" suzuki site ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I own have a 2006 grand vitara 1.9 ddis.I bought it at 72.000km.The first owner bought the car from Spain.The owner was called by the dealer to make multiple modifications/fixes on the car.When i bought it at 72.000 km was already fixed.I would recommend to check if the car had the recalls done in warranty and the factory problems solved.
I own the car for 2-3 years and the biggest challenge was with DPF.The previous owner stayed in a small city and make long roads daily for work so no DPF problems.I am a big city guy with not so often outside trips.For me the DPF became a challenge.
Key points:
  • Engine oil is CRITICAL to wheter your DPF gets clogged every weekend or once every 3 weeks.Initially i put Castrol 5w30 titaniumFST LL ACEA C3 oil and i got the DPF light on every weekend doing only city driving.It was anoying..I begun to research and fortunetly there is a new oil model that i don't think was available in 2006. The C4 standard made specifically for renault with identification RN720.Most of the manufactures have a dedicated oil with this standard.I would recommend reading the difference between Acea C4 vs Acea C3 so you understand the disatvantage of the C4 standard.
  • The 1.9Dddis was the first diesel i ever owned.I had to enter in the field of additives.There are some additives that make the diesel burning much more complete and efficient so you avoid clogging the DPF directly from burning part.Doing this you make the regeneration cycles as rare as possible.The additives are added for a full tank of diesel.I bought additives from STP and Liqui Moly.Because the cost is a little bit more overall if you put the additives at every tank but you prevent DPF clogging.
  • The irony is the Suzuki codes for renault engine parts are double the price than If i buy the same part only under Renault brand.I am glad that i have a Renault engine for this reason.
  • Another aspect that is important especially to diesel is decarbonisation of the engine.The petrol make far less carbon deposits than the diesel.You have to decarbon the car to keep the smoothness, responsives of the car.Otherwise you will lose power.
  • Another thing i use additive like Common Rail Diesel Clean and Protect often in a full tank to have cleran injectors and system.
I may have been luckier than many people to receive a "fixed" 1.9 ddis engine so i don't have the bad experiences that many above say.
After i switched from petrol to diesel i was kinda dissapointed at first.High noise, vibrations, the DPF challenges, all the additive costs time and research but now i got used to it.

There is fun exploring the specificities of the diesel engine.For example when i go from full stop to move the car in 1st gear i used only the clutch.THis is the smoothest way to begin moving the car.You can't do this in a petrol.

If you are interested in other information please ask .... :)
Hi, sorry to hijack the thread. I need a turbo for my Suzuki, will the Mégane turbo fit the suzuki then? Same engine, different part number and big difference in price. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I discovered recently that diesels runs the best at their specific torque / rpm rated in the book and keep that speed.I begun to drive this way and it feels much relaxed even on the highway.I go at 80 km/h at 2000 rpm in 5th gear.The engine is very relaxed and drives easily and not much noise.
Yes sorry I should have been more specific. This engine isn't very torquey and the gaps between gears, especially 2nd/3rd/4th are too wide meaning I have to keep changing down under load. And setting off up a steep incline sometimes needs 4low but then I've been used to the 2.7Tdi in the Nissan Terrain, having owned seven in the last 20-odd years - they just plough through and up almost anything.

And for anyone interested, the injector light I referred to in my earlier post turned out to be a turbo sensor.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Hi, sorry to hijack the thread. I need a turbo for my Suzuki, will the Mégane turbo fit the suzuki then? Same engine, different part number and big difference in price. Thanks
Should fit, check the F9Q Renault's forms to confirm.

Reactions: Dellhoyjohno

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi I have 2010 model and they aren’t all the same different outlet sizes and connections also different inlet on some you have to get the exact number of yours and match it with same type of configuration the cartridge in center is generic for most of them it’s the fitting you have troubles with and trust me it’s not easy to remove either pull engine is only way I have found sorry is aftermarket units for around $600 au on eBay direct replacement available

21 - 25 of 25 Posts