Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for a good running 1.6 8 valve for my 91 Sidekick 2wd,2dr.
Idealy it would be close to Wisconsin ,,,
I am looking to sell the car to a single mother in need of a car, so a reliable engine would be nice!!!
The motor thats in it now has what sounds like a rod going out,,it runs and drives but its going to blow if it it drove like this,,,
so if you might have one that has a good bottom end but needs a head that would work for me to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you had any luck finding an engine? If so, are you interested in selling the intake manifold from your current engine? I've got a '91, 1.8 8 valve with a cracked intake manifold and am hoping to find another on close to Illinois.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
12,345 Posts
uhhh - if I might be permitted to comment - Suzuki never put a 1.8 8v engine in a SideKick, it was either a 1.6 8v or a 1.8 16v and for a 91 it would have been a 1.6, the 1.8's had a very short production span - '96~'98

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks.... I meant 1.6 8v. Any reason to think an intake manifold from a 91 Kick wouldnt work in a Tracker? Is it a huge pain in the butt to swap out?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you had any luck finding an engine? If so, are you interested in selling the intake manifold from your current engine? I've got a '91, 1.8 8 valve with a cracked intake manifold and am hoping to find another on close to Illinois.

Steve
Nope no luck finding one close,,,,I have 2 94s 4dr,,,,, and one of them is like swiss cheese, full of rust so I was throwing the idea around about putting the 94 16valve in the 91 2dr ,,possible making the darn neer rust free 91 2dr 4wd,,,,,,but if the price is right I might part with it if interested.

·
Banned
11,346 Posts
naper , how can an 8v intake man be bad.

do you mean throttle body?

and no both are easily changed.
say why you think you need a part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts